For first visitors, we will discuss your concerns in detail, It is recommended to make a reservation in advance and also please allow plenty of time for your visit. Please also tell us about any medications you are currently taking.
What to bring
If you have any of the following items, please bring them with you. (No photocopies allowed)
* If you are traveling and cannot bring the following with you, please let the receptionist know.
Points to note when visiting the doctor
- Please bring your valid health insurance card (photocopies are not accepted) for your first visit and the first visit of the month.
- If you have changed your health insurance due to employment or job change, please present your new insurance card to the receptionist.
- Please inform receptionists of any changes to your address, phone number, or other information on your insurance card.
- If you have a beneficiary certificate (medical care for the aged or disabled, etc.), please present it along with your health insurance card.
- If you have been prescribed medication at another medical institution, please present your prescription record.
- If you are experiencing severe pain, high fever, or vomiting, please notify receptionists.
- We take the utmost care in handling personal information, so please feel free to visit us.
If you have overseas travel insurance, you will be asked to pay the full amount at the time of checkout. (Various types of credit cards are accepted.)
Please note that we will not bill your travel insurance company.
If you are unable to present your original Japanese health insurance card, you will be charged at the 100% rate.
Then, please complete the refund procedure by yourself at a later date.
STEP1. Please make a reservation before your visit
make a reservation via website or call us at 0136-21-5454.
English and Japanese are available.
Can be contacted directly by patients as well as by accommodators.
When contacting us by phone, please provide the following information to our staff.
- Date of birth
- Current symptoms
STEP2. Please tell us means of your access to the clinic
If you are travelers, please check the access page of our HP and come to our clinic.
If you are a hotel staff, please inform your guests of the access to our clinic.
If you have our clinic leaflet, please give it to them as it contains the address and phone number.
STEP3. Our clinic (arrival) → reception
At the reception, we will ask for your photo ID (passport, etc.) or health insurance card.
We take the time to treat each and every patient with the utmost care.
In addition, all of our staff are bilingual. Foreigners who have difficulty speaking Japanese can also receive medical treatment at ease.
Payment can be made in Japanese yen or by credit card.
The cards we accept are as follows.
If you have any other concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.